University College Dublin (UCD ) and the National College of Ireland (NCAD ) have joined forces to offer a unique summer school program giving students the opportunity to pursue their disciplinary and scholarly interests in architecture and design.
- Dublin, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Today’s global economy demands graduates with a global perspective. API, along with our parter University College Dublin (UCD), offer students who want to intern abroad in Dublin an opportunity to pursue this global perspective through placements in key fields with top companies and institutions. The UCD Summer Internship Programs provide challenging international work experiences in a uniquely stimulating location – the modern European city of Dublin. The rich culture of Dublin experienced through the lens of an internship offers students the opportunity to integrate into Irish life. Students benefit greatly by fine-tuning their communication skills and developing practical professional skills. Placements are in prestigious Irish and international companies in varied industry sectors, in addition to smaller, innovative organizations. CULTURAL AND SOCIAL PROGRAM An essential element of the UCD Summer Internship Program is for students to experience Irish society and culture through an extensive series of excursions and field trips in Dublin and across the island of Ireland. Activities may include: Wicklow Mountain walk; hurling match; trip to the west of Ireland; castle tour; Irish dancing and traditional Irish music. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, Housing, Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- As the capital of the Republic of Ireland, Dublin is one of the liveliest cities in Europe. With one of the youngest populations comprising people from many different parts of Europe and the globe, the city has a full and varied cultural and intellectual life, which brings together the best of traditional Ireland and of modern Europe. Dublin is particularly fortunate to have many theaters, museums and galleries throughout the city. Famous for its literary and musical tradition, Ireland’s capital has been home to well known writers, playwrights, actors, and musicians for many years. A particular feature is the tradition of live music in every conceivable venue, from street artists to the National Concert Hall to the many pubs where traditional Irish music still flourishes. In the literary field, the contribution of native sons has been outstanding, with Jonathan Swift, Oliver Goldsmith, Oscar Wilde, George Bernard Shaw, W.B. Yeats, and Samuel Beckett amongst the most prominent.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program