- Cadiz, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Universidad de Cádiz traditionally belonged to the University of Western Andalusia, centralized within the Rectorado of Seville. It gained its independence and became the Universidad de Cádiz in the early 1980s. The University has been welcoming international students for almost 50 years. The foreign language department continues to expand and attract more and more international students each year. The main branch of the three-campus university system is located in Cádiz. Students who choose to study abroad in Cádiz can enjoy the feel of this modern campus, which still retains the old world charm of this fascinating city.
The Integrated Studies Program is a great opportunity for the motivated, advanced Spanish speaker who wants to complete their courses in Spanish with local students. Students complete an intensive Spanish language course at the start of the semester and earn 45-90 contact hours (amount of hours available based on enrollment). Students then select their 3-4 courses from the many classes offered by the Universidad de Cádiz.
- Setting Description:
- Cádiz, founded in approximately 1,100 B.C., is the oldest city in Europe. Surrounded by the sea on three sides, Cádiz is only accessible by the “Puerta de Tierra,” a strip of land that once served as protection from invasion, and now serves as the only entrance into the city. Though many ancient ruins are now covered by the ocean or modern construction, the rich history of Cádiz is evident everywhere. Monuments, cathedrals, palaces, mansions and homes have been restored to add to the modern beauty of the city. Visitors delight in the Catedral Vieja, Catedral Nueva, the Museo Provincial and the Museo Histórico. Cádiz is known for its charm, great seafood, relaxed atmosphere, clean air and warm southern Spanish hospitality. API students can see why people settled here centuries ago, and why they come today to “step back in time” to experience a true southern Spanish lifestyle. Each student’s Spanish language proficiency will improve as they settle into the welcoming and open atmosphere
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers (minimum 5 semesters of college-level Spanish) *Completion of an oral interview
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program