The Integrated Studies Program is a great opportunity for the motivated, advanced Spanish speaker who wants to complete their courses in Spanish with local students.
- Cadiz, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- The Integrated Studies program begins with an intensive 45-90 hour (3-6 U.S. semester credits; the amount of available credits depends on enrollment) advanced Spanish language course. This intensive course is required for all students and will strengthen students’ grammar and oral communication, preparing students to complete courses with Spaniards. Following the intensive Spanish course, students will complete 3-4 courses with Spanish students. University courses are taught in Spanish and are generally equivalent to 60 contact hours, or 4 U.S. semester credits. All students must complete an oral interview with an API representative prior to acceptance to confirm their preparation for this integrated program. Students will complete the official course registration on-site. Arabic Studies Biotechnology Business and Finance Chemistry English Literature Enology Environmental Sciences Foreign Languages Hispanic Studies Marine Studies Mathematics Medicine Philosophy and Letters Psychology
- Setting Description:
- Cádiz, founded in approximately 1,100 B.C., is the oldest city in Europe. Surrounded by the sea on three sides, Cádiz is only accessible by the “Puerta de Tierra,” a strip of land that once served as protection from invasion, and now serves as the only entrance into the city. Though many ancient ruins are now covered by the ocean or modern construction, the rich history of Cádiz is evident everywhere. Monuments, cathedrals, palaces, mansions and homes have been restored to add to the modern beauty of the city. Visitors delight in the Catedral Vieja, Catedral Nueva, the Museo Provincial and the Museo Histórico. Cádiz is known for its charm, great seafood, relaxed atmosphere, clean air and warm southern Spanish hospitality. API students can see why people settled here centuries ago, and why they come today to “step back in time” to experience a true southern Spanish lifestyle. Each student’s Spanish language proficiency will improve as they settle into the welcoming and open atmosphere
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers (minimum 5 semesters of college-level Spanish) *Completion of an oral interview
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program