- Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Volunteer Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Work Types:
- Children, Construction, Education, Environment, Translation
- 1-2 weeks, 3-4 weeks, 1-3 months
- Program Description:
Classes are held in the mornings. Most afternoons, group activities are planned that will introduce students to the history and culture of Buenos Aires and Argentina, as well as visits that demonstrate the modern day living of today’s Buenos Aires residents known as Porteños. During the weekends, the group will take excursions to Iguazú Falls and a nearby estancia. Students will also perform community service during the week in the La Boca community; those in the 2-week program will volunteer for a total of 10 hours, while those in the 4-week program will volunteer for a total of 20 hours. Possible projects may include the following: playing games with school children, teaching English, and painting and redecorating a community center. Students will live with carefully selected host families in the Recoleta or Palermo neighborhoods who will provide students with two meals per day and an inside look at everyday life in Buenos Aires.
- Setting Description:
- Founded in the 1500s by Spanish conquistadores, Buenos Aires has evolved into a thriving, cosmopolitan city with more than 6 million inhabitants within the city limits and another 6 million in the surrounding areas. Known for its vibrant nightlife, where tango thrives in tangueras, milongas and cultural centers, Buenos Aires offers a dazzling array of learning opportunities, cultural events and social attractions. The seat of the national government, Buenos Aires presents a unique opportunity to analyze the politics and history of this complex and fascinating country. Universities, museums, theaters, shopping districts, and restaurants abound in this metropolis, described by many as the Paris of Latin America.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. Open to high school students ages 16-18 only (completing grades 10-11). Students must have completed at least one year of high school Spanish with a grade of B- or higher.
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program