- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- High School
- Program Description:
API welcomes high school students experience art and design in London. The program is open to high school students entering their junior or senior year and recent high school graduates. Students will choose to explore Theatre OR Film over the 10-day program. Don't worry - no prerequisites are required! Come explore London's "Broadway" of the West End or the birthplace of James Bond and Harry Potter. Participate in interactive workshops organized exclusively for API and enjoy daily social and cultural activities related to your area of interest, including backstage tours, performances, and museum visits! LONDON: TheaterHome to the West End-- akin to New York City’s Broadway-- there is no question that theatre and the performing arts are a key ingredient to the rich culture and deep history of metropolitan London. In addition to learning about these creative disciplines at one of the world’s top universities in the heart of the city, participants will have exclusive access to backstage tours as well as the opportunity to explore English literary and artistic history by visiting Shakespeare’s hometown of Stratford and attending a performance at the Royal Shakespeare Company!LONDON: FilmAs the birthplace of James Bond and Harry Potter, it is impossible to deny the timeless influence British cinema has had on the world. Through a detailed and practical introduction to the fundamentals of film and video from production to post-production, admirers of moving images will undoubtedly thrive in a fun and exploratory course resulting in an original short film sequence! In addition, participants will visit the London Film Museum (including the James Bond exhibit), enjoy a film at one of London’s oldest cinemas, and explore London by visiting popular film and television locations, including Doctor Who, Sherlock Holmes, Shakespeare in Love, and Harry Potter, just to name a few.
- Setting Description:
- From expansive parks to famous museums to legendary tv and movie settings, London has it all! Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. Open to high school students ages 15-18 (completing grades 9-11).
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program