Tourism summer school is scheduled over two weeks of intensive courses including lectures Week 1 : 26-30 June / University of Angers (ESTHUA): Enhancement of the historical and cultural heritage Week 2: 3-7 July / Maine et Loire CCI: French Culinary
- Angers, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Tourism Summer school - In Angers and Loire Valley, from 26th of June till 7th of July 2017
Discover France, the world's leading tourist destination, and Loire Valley. The Loire Valley is the third most popular tourist destination in France after Paris and the Riviera. It is known for its wine, impressive Châteaux (castles) and gardens.
Live in Angers: Ranked N°1 in the best places to live in France / Discover a relaxed quality of life and excellent restaurants / Surrounded by the world-famous Anjou vineyards / Unique heritage: Angers Castle, the Apocalypse Tapestry (the largest medieval tapestry in the world) / Home of Cointreau distillery / France's leading city for the Internet of Things (IoT) - Award of label French Tech / 90 minutes from Paris by the high-speed TGV / 38.000 students
Study in ESTHUA, the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management of the University of Angers: First place for Tourism and Hospitality studies in Europe: 3000 students with 30% of international students. Study in the Maine-et-Loire Chamber of Commerce and Industry with professional facilities and a professional team (Head Chef, sommelier…).
Week 1 : 26-30 June - University of Angers (ESTHUA): Enhancement of the historical
and cultural heritage. / Week 2: 3-7 July / Maine et Loire CCI: French Culinary Arts
Tourism summer school is scheduled over two weeks of intensive courses including lectures, workshops and visits to provide an overview on culinary tourism and heritage in Pays de la Loire region. The first week in ESTHUA is dedicated to historical and natural heritage of Angers and its region (Chateaux of the Loire Valley, Nantes, Atlantic Coast, Puy du fou theme park). The second week, in the Maine-et-Loire Chamber of Commerce and Industry, is a real opportunity to discover French cuisine with cooking lessons with Chefs and wine tasting workshops.
Lectures and Workshops: French Culinary Art & Gastronomy / The basis of wine tasting / The French conception of food / Presentation of local products / Discovery of a typical French market and creation of a menu / Creation of a cocktail with local liquors / The Harmony between food and wine / The Loire valley wine region / Heritage of regional cities / Enhancement of the historical and cultural heritage / The Architecture of the City / Heritage and Theme park: Puy du Fou / Industrial heritage of Nantes / Several food and wine tasting sessions / Cooking workshops with a Chef
Visits: Angers Old town/ Nantes (The sixth largest town in France) / Châteaux of the Loire Valley (Château de Chambord, Château de Chenonceau) / Puy du Fou (second most popular theme park in France after Disneyland Paris – received the Thea Classic Award 2012, Oscar for best park in the world) / Fontevraud Royal Abbey (The largest abbey in Europe) / Saumur (surrounded by the vineyards which produce some of France's finest wines) / Ackerman wine cellar / Cointreau distillery / Atlantic Coast (La Baule: one of the world’s most beautiful bays)
Objectives - The Tourism Summer School offers:
- Strong theoretical and practical skills for the future professional of tourism
- Active learning in the 1st most-visited country in the world (more than 80 million international tourists every year)
- An overview on French food and wine
- Discovery of the role of gastronomy in touristic attractiveness
- Opportunity to discover the outstanding nature, culture and architecture of the Loire Valley
- Sharing of views and experiences with fellow students from around the world
- To be registered as a student in Tourism or social sciences (Bachelor or Master)
- To have at least an intermediate level of English (the Tourism Summer School will be entirely in English).
- Related experience or diploma in tourism will be appreciated
Application deadline: April 16, 2017
- 1800 EUR. What does fees include? - Tuition - Accommodation in Angers (a single room with toilet, bathroom and kitchen) from Sunday 25th of June until Saturday 8th of July. - 10 lunches (during the week) in cafeteria or restaurant - 1 dinner in restaurant - Transport (local transport in Angers and for excursions) - Field visits (incl. entrance fees and guide tours) - Some social activities Students who successfully complete the Tourism Summer School will received a certificate of attendance with 6 ECTS
Additional Program Information
- - To be registered as a student in Tourism or social sciences (Bachelor or Master) - To have at least an intermediate level of English (the Tourism Summer School will be entirely in English). - Related experience or diploma in tourism will be appreciated
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program