- Schaumburg, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Law Enforcement, Policing & Investigation, Law Enforcement, Policing & Investigation, Law Enforcement, Policing & Investigation, Law Enforcement, Policing & Investigation, Law Enforcement, Policing & Investigation, Law Enforcement, Policing & Investigation
- Program Description:
The goal of the BSCJ program with a concentration in Law Enforcement is to help provide students with a comprehensive and systematic analysis of key contemporary criminal justice issues through a close review of the theories and policies guiding many crime fighting strategies.
Learning from experienced instructors, students can absorb industry-relevant knowledge. Instructors will cover material including:
- the elements of investigation including crime scenes, witnesses and evidence, investigative techniques, evidence documentation, interrogation and arrest;
- issues involving police ethics, police culture, and the public image of police agencies in the media;
- and the history and theories of crime prevention and preventative methods employed by police agencies and much more.
This degree is an accelerated program that can be completed online with great flexibility. AIU is aware that focused professionals need to keep their knowledge and expertise current with industry standards in order to be acknowledged for their accomplishments and considered for the future, so AIU degree programs are updated to keep pace with the ever-changing theories and practices of their respective disciplines. The AIU community believes it has a special commitment to support each individual's goals and emphasis on the educational, professional, and personal growth of each student.
This is a Bachelor's degree completion program and assumes that all associate-level requirements have been met through an associate degree or the equivalent.
AIU cannot guarantee employment or salary.
Additional Program Information
- American InterContinental University is regionally accredited by the Higher Learning Commission. To contact the Higher Learning Commission please visit www.hlcommission.org.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program