- West Hartford, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription, Medical Billing, Coding & Transcription
- Program Description:
The Medical Coding and Billing program is designed to prepare the student with the training and skills to understand the basic structure of medical billing and coding in various health care environments. The course provides:
- an extensive medical vocabulary and understanding of medical terminology.
- training to use the main diagnostic (ICD) and procedure (CPT) coding systems correctly to identify and code diagnostic components.
- training to accurately process the various insurance claims and third-party reimbursements, and knowledge of the medical ethics and patient communication skills necessary in any health care environment.
Additional Program Information
- American Institute is accredited by either the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) or the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC) depending on the campus location.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program