- Copenhagen, Denmark; Oslo, Norway; Stockholm, Sweden
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Scandinavia is an enthralling mix of wild, untamed landscapes, unparalleled natural beauty and attractive modern cities. Lectures and workshops will be complemented by visits to a range of historical, archaeological and art historical sources. Study the Vikings and earn 3 semester credits from Richmond, The American International University in London.
Several locations in Scandinavia will be covered during this 3-week traveling program, including Copenhagen, Malmo, Stockholm and Oslo. The program includes day trips to locations such as open-air museums, Viking cities, royal burial mounds, a Viking ship museum and more.
- Setting Description:
- The study period will coincide with “Sant Hans Aften”, or summer solstice celebration, which pays tribute to a variety of pagan Viking traditions. Travel on through Malmo, Stockholm, and Oslo with the exploration of open air-museums, Viking cities, royal burial mounds, museums and more.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program