- London, United Kingdom; Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Gain both an Italian and British perspective of criminal justice studying the History of the Italian Mafia in Rome and Understanding and Preventing Crime in London which examines the role of the traditional criminal justice system as a means of crime control.
Earn 7 semester credits in a classroom based study program that will be enhanced by visits in Rome to the Rebibbia State Prison, the Military Police School and Liberia, a network of associations that support the fight against organized crime.
- Setting Description:
- Rome is known for its history of organized crime and the counter-movement of Anti-Mafia reform and as such is an ideal location for those interested in criminal justice. Then move onto London, one of the world’s most thriving and cosmopolitan cities and where the Metropolitan Police Act of 1829 established the world’s first modern and professional police force.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 3.3 GPA is required (GPAs of 3.1 and above considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program