- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer traveling Wales, Scotland and England, following in the footsteps of the great British fantasy fiction writers and their characters and earn 3 credits. Live in hotels and Student Residence, with breakfast included. Enjoy field trips to Neolithic and Roman ruins, historical sites related to King Arthur, Oxford, Bath, Stonehenge, Shakespeare’s Globe and many more. Students have free time to explore on their own.
The program combines traditional classroom learning with field trips exploring the landscapes, history and culture that inspired Shakespeare, Jane Austen, J. R. R. Tolkien, C. S. Lewis and J.K. Rowling to name a few. Adventure through the British countryside with your professor bringing some of your favorite books to life; take an exhilarating journey up breathtaking mountains in north Wales reminiscent of Middle Earth and be transported to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry in the cloisters of Gloucester Cathedral.
- Setting Description:
- Spend 3 weeks journeying in the footsteps of great British fantasy fiction authors and their characters. Start with the legend of King Arthur and Merlin in the Welsh town of Bangor, travel through landscape and time exploring the evolution of myth, fantasy and magic through popular fiction to present-day London and the phenomenon of the Harry Potter series.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case by case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program