- Perth, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Study abroad in Australia this summer with AIFS’ “Tropical Marine Biology in Australia” study and travel program! This course is taught in English by faculty from Murdoch University, Perth and is worth 4 credits.
Live on campus at Murdoch University in twin self-catering rooms in a student residence. You will also camp at the Ningaloo Reef Adventure Camp while traveling. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are included during the 10-day field camp portion of the program. A welcome and farewell meal are also included in Perth.
Spend your first 6 nights and final 7 nights in Perth, with 10 nights in between at Coral Bay’s Ningaloo Reef Marine Park for a Marine Biology Field Camp. Cultural and social activities include a glass bottom boat trip, wildlife cruise, snorkeling, and more.
An optional 3-night visit to Sydney including a sightseeing tour and a Blue Mountains day trip is available to students on the AIFS flight package.
- Setting Description:
- Ningaloo Reef is Australia’s longest fringing coral reef and one of the world’s largest. This broad-ranging advanced marine biology unit provides an opportunity to study tropical marine biology and ecology in a coral reef setting.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required (lower GPAs will be considered on a case-by-case basis). Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program