- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the captivating city of Stellenbosch with AIFS and earn up to 7 credits. Live in the comfortable University Student Residence. Enjoy cultural activities such as sporting events, beach excursions, trips to local craft and food markets, a vineyard tour, and hiking trips. A 6-day trip along the famous Garden Route, and a 3-day trip to the beautiful West Coast National Park are included.
The Service Learning Program will develop students’ understanding of the historical background and current issues impacting on community life and problems in South Africa, in addition to giving them firsthand experience working on a service learning project with the local community. Students take a 2-credit Introduction to South Africa’s Political History course, and the 5-credit Service Learning and Community Development Course.
- Setting Description:
- Spectacular mountain ranges surround Stellenbosch, the university town in the wine lands of the Western Cape. The elegant Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian houses that grace the oak tree-lined streets reflect the history of one of South Africa’s oldest towns. You’ll find interesting museums, open-air coffee shops, bistros and a thriving art scene; go further afield and you can hike through vineyards, orchards and mountain ranges. Study here and become part of a vibrant academic community with a tranquil and laid-back atmosphere.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available. .
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program