- Multi-Country Programs, Multi-Country Programs
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Earn 3 credits exploring Ireland's Island Heritage with AIFS on this interdisciplinary field-based program. Live on campus in self-catering accommodations at National University of Ireland (NUI), Maynooth as well as bed and breakfast accommodations while traveling. In addition to a group farewell meal, breakfast is included throughout. Students spend the first week on the picturesque NUI campus with field trips to nearby Dublin. Over the next two weeks, students travel to World Heritage sites such as Bru na Boinne and enjoy trips to the famed Aran Islands, Cliffs of Moher, Holy Island and many lesser known sites to learn about the social, cultural and folkloric history of Ireland.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Using the concept of an island as a unifying theme, explore the cultural heritage of Ireland as an island nation. Experience the context for an integrated practical assessment of the archaeology, history, architecture and literature of Ireland on location throughout this traveling program.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college upperclassmen with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program