- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Journalism, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the vibrant and historic city of Rome with AIFS and earn up to 16 credits. Live in a homestay or shared student apartment. Enjoy cultural activities like guided city walks, visits to museums, cultural sites of Rome, Italian cooking classes, ballet, opera, and visits to Hadrian’s Villa, Ostia Antica, Viterbo, hot baths, Bracciano and more. 3-day trip to Naples and Pompeii, 3-day visit to Venice, and a day trip to Assisi and Trevi are included. Optional trips are, a 3-day trip to Milan, 3-day trip to Krakow and Auschwitz, and 3-day trip to Palermo, Sicily.
The International Internship Program (IIP) includes mandatory Italian language, a 6-credit unpaid internship and one elective course. Placements are available in art, design, communications, education, business, history, political science and more. AIFS in Rome includes a 2-week Language Preparation and Culture Program in Florence. Before the semester begins, students acclimate themselves to Italian language and culture in the classic city of Florence. Volunteer opportunities are available.
See website for details.
- Setting Description:
- With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world. As a contemporary European capital it is utterly unique; it is a city of dualities: north and south, old and new, classic and modern. Live immersed in an almost uninterrupted sequence of history – from early Christian Basilicas to Renaissance Palaces, Baroque Churches and Neo-classical monuments. With so much to offer, Rome has something for everybody.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program