- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year interning and studying in the historic city of Rome with AIFS! Earn up to 16 credits per semester at Richmond University in Rome. Courses are taught in English and Italian with no previous Italian language study required.
The International Internship Program (IIP) includes mandatory Italian language courses, an unpaid internship and one elective course. Placements are available in art, design, communications, education, business, history, political science and more. Volunteer opportunities are also available and interested students can enhance their volunteer work with a for-credit Service Learning and Active Citizenship course.
Live in an apartment or in an Italian homestay. Apartments typically are shared between 2 to 6 other AIFS students, and homestay students will live in a double room with another AIFS student. A meal plan is included for all students and includes group meals, tastings and vouchers that can be used all over Italy for groceries or meals.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to the many museums and cultural sites of Rome, Italian cooking classes, sporting events, ballet and opera performances and visits to Hadrian’s Villa, Ostia Antica, Viterbo and the Hot Baths, Bracciano and more. Excursions include a 3-day trip to Sorrento, Naples, Pompeii and Capri Island, 3-days in Florence and a day trip to discover the Italian villages of Assisi and Spello.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Auschwitz Camps and Krakow, Poland, a 3-day visit to Venice and a 3-day trip to Palermo, Sicily. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than most cities in the world. Live immersed in an almost uninterrupted sequence of history – from early Christian Basilicas to Renaissance Palaces, Baroque Churches and Neo-classical monuments. With so much to offer, Rome has something for everybody.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA for students with at least 75 semester credits; Minimum 3.0 GPA for students with 45-74 semester credits, and for students seeking placements in finance and political science.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program