- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the vibrant and historic city of Rome with AIFS and earn up to 16 credits. Live in a homestay or shared student apartment. Enjoy cultural activities like guided city walks, visits to museums, cultural sites of Rome, Italian cooking classes, ballet, opera, and visits to Hadrian’s Villa, Ostia Antica, Viterbo, hot baths, Bracciano and more. 3-day trip to Naples and Pompeii, 3-day visit to Venice, and a day trip to Assisi and Trevi are included. Optional trips are, a 3-day trip to Milan, 3-day trip to Krakow and Auschwitz, and 3-day trip to Palermo, Sicily.
The International Internship Program (IIP) includes mandatory Italian language, a 6-credit unpaid internship and one elective course. Placements are available in art, design, communications, education, business, history, political science and more. AIFS in Rome includes a 2-week Language Preparation and Culture Program in Florence. Before the semester begins, students acclimate themselves to Italian language and culture in the classic city of Florence. Volunteer opportunities are available.
- Setting Description:
- With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world. As a contemporary European capital it is utterly unique; it is a city of dualities: north and south, old and new, classic and modern. Live immersed in an almost uninterrupted sequence of history – from early Christian Basilicas to Renaissance Palaces, Baroque Churches and Neo-classical monuments. With so much to offer, Rome has something for everybody.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA for students with at least 75 semester credits; Minimum 3.0 GPA for students with 45-74 semester credits.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program