- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Gain international internship experience this summer in the classic city of London with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 12 credits through a variety of courses and an internship placement through Richmond, the American International University in London. Courses are taught in English.
Richmond offers 2 internship programs for the summer; a Regular Internship Program and a Sports Management Internship Program. Regular Internship placements are available in a range of private companies and public organizations based on your major. The Sports Management Internship Program is for students with a specific interest in sports and/or management and is paired with a 3-credit course in Contemporary British Culture.
In London, you will live in a residence hall in the neighborhood of Kensington in a double or triple room with a shared bathroom. Single rooms are available on a limited basis for an additional fee. Breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for students Monday through Friday in the University cafeteria.
Cultural and social activities will include guided walking tours, rugby and cricket matches, ballet and theater performances, boat cruises, and day trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury, Oxford, Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon and Brighton.
An optional, exciting 3-day trip to Paris, France, is also offered.
- Setting Description:
- London is diverse, modern and thriving city. And with AIFS, central London is just outside your door. Situated in the Royal Borough of Kensington, the Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Palace are just part of the neighborhood. A major political, financial and cultural center, London is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. Home to a multitude of museums and galleries, concert halls, theaters, historic buildings and a host of beautiful urban parks, London has something for everyone.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to students with a minimum of 45 credits completed by the start of the program Minimum 2.75 GPA for students with at least 75-semester credits Minimum 3.0 GPA for students with 45-74 semester credits (3.0 for all students seeking placements in finance and political science; 3.2 in psychology (Additional criteria apply) Must be 18 years or older to apply
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program