- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Fashion, Journalism, Law, Psychology, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year interning in the classic city of London, England with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 12 credits per semester through an internship placement and courses taken at Richmond, the American International University in London. Courses are taught in English.
Richmond’s International Internship Program provides vital insight into a career field, experience in the global workplace, practical exposure to the demands of specific jobs and development of professional and personal skills. Internships are available in a wide range of companies and institutions in advertising, art, design, art history, fashion, international business, marketing/market research, media, journalism, politics and government, PR/communications, psychology, theater and more.
Live in a student residence hall that is close to campus and to the famous Kensington Gardens, Natural History Museum, and West End theater district. Accommodations are in double and triple rooms, but single rooms are available on a limited basis and for an additional fee. Ten meals (5 breakfasts and 5 dinners) Monday through Friday in the student cafeteria are included in your program fee.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city tours, museum visits, ballet performances and music concerts, sporting events and day trips to nearby cities such as Brighton, Cambridge and Stratford-upon-Avon.
An optional 3-day trip to Paris (taking you through the Channel Tunnel!) is offered as well.
- Setting Description:
- London is diverse, modern and thriving city. And with AIFS, central London is just outside your door. Situated in the Royal Borough of Kensington, the Royal Albert Hall and Kensington Palace are just part of the neighborhood. A major political, financial and cultural center, London is one of the world’s most cosmopolitan cities. Home to a multitude of museums and galleries, concert halls, theaters, historic buildings and a host of beautiful urban parks, London has something for everyone.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Traditional Academic, Certificate in British Studies and freshman and sophomore programs minimum 2.5 GPA required. Internship Program, minimum 2.75 GPA for students with at least 75 semester credits. Minimum 3.0 GPA for students with 45-74 semester credits.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program