- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Computer Science, Education, Journalism, Medical, Sciences & Environment, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Spend a semester earning up to 15 credits through the International Internship Program in Granada, Spain! Courses are taught at the University of Granada in English and Spanish, with an upper intermediate level of Spanish or above required.
The Internship Program is designed for students to gain insight into a career field, build experience in the global workplace and develop professional and personal skills. This program combines a 3-credit or 7-credit internship in a local business, private hospital, NGO, or school with various Spanish courses. Local volunteer opportunities are also available through the Granada volunteer program.
Live in a Spanish homestay, in an apartment or, for an additional fee, in a student residence. Homestay students receive 3 meals per day, and residence students receive 3 meals per day Monday through Saturday. Apartment students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of groceries and meals.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as visits to the Albaicín and the Cathedral of Granada, a Flamenco show, Spanish cuisine tasting, hiking in the Sierra Nevada mountains, and tapas evenings. A day trip to Nerja, Costa Del Sol, and a 3-day excursion to Gibraltar, Seville and Córdoba are included in the program fee. A day trip to Ronda is included during the spring semester; a day trip to La Alpujarra is included during the fall semester.
An optional 3-day excursion to Madrid and Toledo is available, as well as an optional 3-day excursion to Tangier and Tetouan, Morocco. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Granada, perched between the dazzling white peaks of the Sierra Nevada mountains and the blue Mediterranean of the Costa del Sol, has a cosmopolitan air, but retains the feel of a small, welcoming Andalusian town. Traces of Moorish, Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque architecture can be found around every corner. Granada gives students the chance to be immersed in the Spanish language, culture, cuisine and tradition in a city renowned for its cultural heritage and fusion.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Students wishing to intern in a local school or NGO must place into Spanish 205/207 upper Intermediate B1.2 level or above. Students wishing to intern in a local business or in a hospital must place into Spanish 305/307/308 upper Advanced B2.2 level or above. Students taking the medical internship must be studying relevant (major or minor) health courses as part of their degree program in the U.S. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program