- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Fashion, Hospitality, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the classic city of Florence, Italy with AIFS! Earn up to 7 credits through the International Internship Program at Richmond, the American International University. Courses are taught in English or Italian with no previous Italian language study required.
The International Internship Program in Florence combines a 3-credit course with a 7-week, 3-credit internship placement. Internships are available in a range of local businesses including: fashion companies, artisans’ laboratories, galleries and museums, hotel chains, restaurants, wineries, and more.
Live in either an apartment or an Italian homestay. Apartments come with a fully-equipped kitchen and bathroom, and access to a washing machine. Homestays are available for students on the 7-week program. Meal vouchers are included and are a program highlight – with nearly 100% of AIFS summer students rating the meal program as “excellent.”
In Florence, you’ll enjoy cultural activities such as museum visits, concerts, operas and ballets, cheese tasting, gelato tasting, and food and wine pairing. Excursions such as day trips to Pisa, Cinque Terre, Siena, and the Tuscan coast are also included in your program fee.
An optional 3-day trip to Rome and 3-day visit to Venice are available. For 3, 4 and 7-week students on the Rome and Venice excursions, an additional 1-credit is obtainable by taking an Introduction to Italian Art course. A 2-night tour of London, England is available to students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- In Florence, artistic, cultural and historic richness is ever present. Take in the sites in and around Florence on visits to museums, art galleries, churches and theaters. You can learn how to make pasta from scratch or experience a typical trattoria, where you can find some of the best food in Italy. You can shop in the chic stores of Via de‘Tornabuoni or the flea market in Via Petrapiana. Whatever your tastes, Florence is the perfect city to acquire a genuine experience of Italian life and culture.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to students with a minimum 45 credits completed by the start of the program. Minimum 2.75 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program