- Wollongong, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Get to know the Land Down Under while studying abroad for a semester or academic year in the dynamic city of Wollongong, Australia! Earn up to 16 credits per semester on the Full Curriculum Program or Business Internship Program studying at the University of Wollongong.
Business or Commerce majors studying abroad in Wollongong can participate in a Business Internship Program! This program combines a 16-day internship in a local organization with classroom-based learning and assessments. The University of Wollongong also offers various volunteer opportunities for students both on campus and within the local community.
Live in a shared room in a University of Wollongong residence hall with other international and Australian students. A social program called iLive offers opportunities for you to get to know fellow students in the housing complex – through meal nights, study groups, guest speakers, and more. While living in the residence hall, you will receive 19 meals per week.
Enjoy excursions and social activities such as museum and gallery visits, walking tours, surf lessons and more. Outings and day trips include a Sydney Harbour Cruise, a Blue Mountains Excursion, an Aussie Sheep Farm Experience, and a wildlife park visitto encounter some of Australia’s unique wildlife – including the koala.
AIFS also offers an optional Pacific Studies Program in Fiji for 1 credit at the University of the South Pacific prior to the start of term in Wollongong.
- Setting Description:
- Wollongong comes from the Dharawal language meaning “sound of the sea,” and true to its name, this southwest coastal city boasts 17 beaches, as well as tropical forests, vineyards, cliffs, and mountains.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.7 GPA. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see the website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program