- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the exciting and modern city of Wellington, New Zealand with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits per semester through a variety of courses at Victoria University of Wellington. Courses are taught in English.
Victoria University’s Victoria Plus program is a one-trimester, service-learning oriented certificate program for study abroad students. Victoria Plus will improve your leadership, social responsibility and employability skills. You’ll make valuable connections in Wellington’s not-for-profit sector and can also take part in a range of workshops and seminars on leadership and social responsibility.
Live in a university residence hall with 3 to 5 other AIFS students, international students or students from New Zealand. A meal allowance is built into your program fee to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries while in Wellington.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums, food tours, sporting events, hiking, kayaking and more. A Lord of the Rings location tour, a Pamper Your Palate event and a visit to Zealandia, a nature lover's paradise, are all highlights. A 3-day excursion to Rotorua to explore the area's rich Maori culture and one of the world's liveliest fields of geothermal activity is included in your program fee.
A 1-credit Pacific Studies Program in Suva, Fiji, is an option for AIFS students prior to the start of the program.
- Setting Description:
- Located at the southern tip of New Zealand’s North Island, between a beautiful harbor and rolling green hills, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Wellington is the political, cultural and creative capital of New Zealand. Wellington offers a range of outdoor and cultural activities: hike, surf, sporting events, visit music venues, theaters, art galleries and museums in the city. With more restaurants and cafés per capita than New York City and a lively calendar of festivals and sporting events, there is always something going on in Wellington.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.7 GPA required. GPAs of 2.6 and above will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program