- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Wellington with AIFS. Earn up to 16 credits studying at Victoria University.
Participate in the Full Curriculum Program or the Specialized Study Abroad Program at Victoria University. The optional Pacific Studies Program in Suva, Fiji focuses on the history and culture of the Pacific Region.
Global Leadership and Service Learning opportunities include:
- Victoria PLUS, an extracurricular certificate program that includes volunteerism, workshops and seminars.
- The Victoria International Leadership Program, a self-paced extra-curricular certificate program about global issues, competency and employability.
- Victoria International Buddy Program, a friendship and peer support program.
Live in a university residence hall with meal allowance included.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Guided city walks
- Cable car ride over the city
- Sporting events like rugby or cricket
- Lord of the Rings Tour
- 3-day excursion to Rotorua is included.
- Setting Description:
- Located at the southern tip of New Zealand’s North Island, between a beautiful harbor and rolling green hills, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Wellington is the political, cultural and creative capital of New Zealand. Wellington offers a range of outdoor and cultural activities: hike, surf, sporting events, visit music venues, theaters, art galleries and museums in the city. With more restaurants and cafés per capita than New York City and a lively calendar of festivals and sporting events, there is always something going on in Wellington.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.7 GPA required. GPAs of 2.6 and above will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program