- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester in the exciting and modern city of Wellington with AIFS and earn up to 16 credits. Live in a Residence Hall. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, a cable car ride over the city, sporting events like rugby or cricket, and a Lord of the Rings Tour. A 3-day excursion to Rotorua is included, and an optional 1-credit Pacific Studies Program in Suva, Fiji is offered prior to the start of the program.
AIFS in New Zealand offers a unique academic experience with the optional Pacific Studies Program in Fiji, giving students an introduction to the history and culture of the Pacific Region. Victoria University offers Victoria PLUS, a service learning oriented certificate program that includes workshops and seminars.
- Setting Description:
- Located at the southern tip of New Zealand’s North Island, between a beautiful harbor and rolling green hills, the vibrant and cosmopolitan city of Wellington is the political, cultural and creative capital of New Zealand. Wellington offers a range of outdoor and cultural activities: hike, surf, sporting events, visit music venues, theaters, art galleries and museums in the city. With more restaurants and cafés per capita than New York City and a lively calendar of festivals and sporting events, there is always something going on in Wellington.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.7 GPA required. GPAs of 2.6 and above will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program