- Vina Del Mar, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the charming, modern city of Viña del Mar, Chile with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.
One of the best ways to learn about the local culture in Viña del Mar is by volunteering in the community. Potential volunteer opportunities in Viña del Mar are in education, community service or health institutions in the surrounding area. Placements will be made after your arrival in Chile.
You’ll live in either a shared student apartment or in a homestay with a local family. Apartments come with a shared kitchen for students to cook in. Homestay students will receive breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day from their host family.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as walking tours, museum visits, language exchange with Chilean students and day trips to Isla Negra, Pomaire, Valparaíso and Santiago.
An optional 4-day excursion to Pucón, with views of the Villarica Volcano, is also available.
- Setting Description:
- Vina del Mar, located on the central Pacific coastline is known as the ‘Garden City’ for its palm lined boulevards and beautiful parks. As Chile’s premier beach town, it is considered the ideal home for college students, combining the safety and charm of a small community with the modern amenities and lively atmosphere of a city.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required unless taking the Pregado Program. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program