- Vina Del Mar, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the charming, modern city of Viña del Mar with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in homestay or in a shared student apartment. 3 meals every day in your homestay. Enjoy cultural activities such as walking tours, museum visits, language exchange with Chilean students, and day trips to Isla Negra, Pomaire, Valparaiso and Santiago. Optional 4-day excursion to Pucón is available, $545.
AIFS in Viña del Mar offers a unique Spanish Language, Business and Latin American Studies curriculum, designed for students who want to begin or strengthen their Spanish skills, and take courses that focus on Chile and South America. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
Also offering Spanish Language & Courses with local students (Pregado Program), designed for students with advanced Spanish who wish to take courses taught in Spanish, with local students. This is 2 weeks longer than the regular program.
- Setting Description:
- Vina del Mar, located on the central Pacific coastline is known as the ‘Garden City’ for its palm lined boulevards and beautiful parks. As Chile’s premier beach town, it is considered the ideal home for college students, combining the safety and charm of a small community with the modern amenities and lively atmosphere of a city.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required unless taking the Pregado Program.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program