- Gold Coast, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year on the gorgeous Gold Coast in the north-eastern Australian state of Queensland! Home to pristine golden beaches, rainforests and the Great Barrier Reef, Queensland combines natural wonder with a thriving nightlife and art scene.
You’ll earn up to 16 credits per semester through a variety of courses offered at Bond University, an Australian university that follows U.S. term start and end dates. Courses are taught in English.
Volunteer opportunities are available through Bond University societies and clubs, including the Bond University United Nations Students Associate, the Student Philanthropy Council and the Bond Indigenous Awareness Society.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Surf lessons
- Rainforest tour
- Food and wine tours
- Hiking and kayaking
- Trip to North Stradbroke Island
- Trip to Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary
- Tickets to sporting events.
- Setting Description:
- The Gold Coast in the north-eastern state of Queensland is an exhilarating mix of urban sprawl and remarkable natural diversity. From pristine golden beaches to the verdant subtropical rainforest, this 57km stretch of coastline combines sparkling beachfront apartment blocks with theme parks, food and music festivals, not forgetting the 300+ days of sunshine a year. Queensland itself is home to one of Earth's greatest natural wonders, the Great Barrier Reef (a UNESCO World Heritage area) and other iconic traveler destinations such as the Whitsunday Islands. Study in the Gold Coast and adventure awaits you.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA. Freshmen will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program