- Stellenbosch, South Africa
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the captivating city of Stellenbosch with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in University Student Residence. Enjoy cultural activities such as sporting events, beach excursions, trips to local craft and food markets, a vineyard tour, and hiking trips. A 6-day trip along the famous Garden Route, and day trips to Cape Town and Robben Island, the Cape of Good Hope, and Table Mountain are included. Optional trip include a 3-day trip to the Cederberg Mountains and a 5-day visit to Addo Elephant Park and Breede River.
Students in the Learning for Sustainable Community Engagement Program (LSCE) take specific courses in Sustainable Community Engagement, plus one or two electives, in addition to working on a service learning project with the local community. Students can choose courses from Stellenbosch University’s full course catalog which cover a broad range of subjects. AIFS also offers students with an interest in art, photography, ceramics or marketing the opportunity to intern at the Ardmore Ceramic Studio in Kwazulu Natal.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Spectacular mountain ranges surround Stellenbosch, the university town in the wine lands of the Western Cape. The elegant Cape Dutch, Georgian and Victorian houses that grace the oak tree-lined streets reflect the history of one of South Africa’s oldest towns. You’ll find interesting museums, open-air coffee shops, bistros and a thriving art scene; go further afield and you can hike through vineyards, orchards and mountain ranges. Study here and become part of a vibrant academic community with a tranquil and laid-back atmosphere.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program