- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the cosmopolitan and culturally rich city of St. Petersburg with AIFS and earn up to 7 credits. Live in a homestay or a student residence hall, meal allowance included. Enjoy cultural activities like guided city tours, visits to museums and cultural sites, a boat trip along the canals, classical music, opera and ballet performances. A 3-day visit to Moscow is included along with day trips to Pushkin, Peterhof and Novgorod.
AIFS in St. Petersburg offers a unique academic program through the Russian Language Center at St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, which is highly regarded for its excellent teaching of Russian as a foreign language. Students can begin or advance their Russian language studies, and take elective courses taught in English in art history, history or sociology.
- Setting Description:
- St. Petersburg is known as both Russia’s “window to the West,” and the “Venice of the North,” for its open attitude and stunning canals, respectively. The city certainly has a European flair with its boulevards, canals and baroque architecture, yet offers students an authentic Russian experience.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program