- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in St. Petersburg with AIFS. Earn up to 18 credits studying at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University. Courses are taught in English or Russian. No previous Russian language study is required.
The Russian Language and Liberal Arts Program focuses on enhancing your skills in the Russian language while taking elective courses in English. Volunteer opportunities are also available to support a variety of interests.
Live in a homestay or a student residence hall. During the first month, all students live in the residence hall to help you make the adjustment to the Russian way of life.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- City tours
- Visits to museums and cultural sites
- Boat trip along the canals
- Classical music, opera and ballet performances
- 3-day trip to Moscow
- Day trips to Catherine Palace, Peterhof, Veliky Novgorod and Pavlosk.
An optional 4-day excursion Helsinki, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia is offered.
- Setting Description:
- St. Petersburg is known as both Russia’s “window to the West,” and the “Venice of the North,” for its open attitude and stunning canals, respectively. The city certainly has a European flair with its boulevards, canals and baroque architecture, yet offers students an authentic Russian experience.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. No previous Russian language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see our website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program