- Saint Petersburg, Russia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the cosmopolitan and culturally rich city of St. Petersburg with AIFS and earn up to 18 credits. Live in a homestay or a student residence hall. Enjoy cultural activities like, guided city tours, visits to museums and cultural sites, a boat trip along the canals, and classical music, opera and ballet performances. A 3-day visit to Moscow is included in the program along with day trips to Pushkin, Peterhof, Novgorod, and Pavlovsk. AIFS offers a 4-day optional excursion Helsinski, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia.
AIFS in St. Petersburg offers a unique academic program through the Russian Language Center at St. Petersburg Polytechnic University, which is highly regarded for its excellent teaching of Russian as a foreign language. Volunteer opportunities are also available, and students have done a wide array of projects from working with animals to volunteering at the Hermitage, one of the most prestigious museums in the world.
- Setting Description:
- St. Petersburg is known as both Russia’s “window to the West,” and the “Venice of the North,” for its open attitude and stunning canals, respectively. The city certainly has a European flair with its boulevards, canals and baroque architecture, yet offers students an authentic Russian experience.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. No previous Russian language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program