- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Seville, Spain with AIFS! Earn up to 15 credits per semester studying abroad at Universidad de Sevilla. Courses are taught in English and Spanish. The Contemporary Hispanic Studies Program requires no previous study of Spanish, while the Hispanic Studies Plus Program requires an advanced or above level of Spanish.
Volunteer opportunities are available for you to make the most of your semester in Seville.
You’ll live in a homestay with a local family or in a shared room in an apartment. Homestay students will receive three meals per day from their host family, while apartment students will receive a meal allowance.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Guided city tours including the Cathedral and Giralda Tower
- Visits to galleries and museums
- Visit to Real Alcázar (Royal Palace)
- Day trips to Cádiz and Ronda
- 3-day trip to Granada and Córdoba.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Morocco and a 3-day trip to Madrid and Toledo.
- Setting Description:
- Spain enjoys a complex cultural heritage, with diverse regional identities. Seville, a 16th-century port city known for its lively culture, is an archetypal Spanish town with intimate flamenco venues, crowded tapas bars, and orange-tree scented squares.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Hispanic Studies Plus Program: Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors with at least 3-4 semesters of college-level Spanish or equivalent & an Advanced or above level of Spanish. Contemporary Hispanic Studies Program: Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. No previous Spanish language study required. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.