Spend your winter break in San José, Costa Rica. Study abroad with AIFS!
- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Earn 3 credits over a 3 week January term studying at Veritas University in San José, Costa Rica. The welcome reception will prepare you to immerse yourself in Costa Rican life as you live with a local family in a homestay located within walking distance of campus. You'll explore Costa Rican food and produce on a visit to indoor markets, enjoy walking tours and a fantastic tour of the National Theater. An optional excursion to Manuel Antonio National Park for three days is a chance to take in the beaches of the Central Pacific coast, enjoy live music and dancing and get a chance to see flora and fauna in the park such as monkeys, sloths, exotic plants and flowers. AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Convenient AIFS Flight Packages are also available. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS.
- Setting Description:
- Costa Rica boasts a dynamic ecology and rich natural resources, while San José is a lively capital city. Students appreciate the fun and convenience of this city along with its proximity to rich natural beauty including two coasts, volcanoes and national parks of the central highlands. Costa Rica is among the top 20 richest countries in biodiversity in terms of species density. The nation draws people interested in wildlife and the natural world like a magnet. The diversity in Costa Rica's climates, from the Caribbean coast to the high cloud forests, coupled with the relaxed attitude of the "Tico" population, make it a wonderful place to study abroad in Central America.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). All courses taught in English. Application deadline: October 1
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program