- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the lively capital of San José with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 10 credits while studying at Veritas University. Courses are taught in English and Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
Live in a homestay within walking distance of campus where you will have your own bedroom. Your host family will provide a weekly laundry wash and will also provide you with breakfast and dinner daily.
Cultural and social activities will include walking tours of San José, Costa Rican cooking classes, and visits to local museums and historical sites. AIFS includes a 3-day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park, where you will explore some of the most beautiful beaches on the Central Pacific coast.
An optional, 2-day excursion to the great Arenal Volcano and hot springs spa is also available.
- Setting Description:
- The lively capital of Costa Rica offers all of the amenities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes, national parks and the lush central highlands. Immerse yourself in the language and culture and experience the ‘Pura Vida’ way of life.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program