- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the lively capital of San José with AIFS and earn up to 9 credits. Live in a homestay. Enjoy cultural activities such as walking tours of the city, Costa Rican cooking classes, and visits to local museums and historical sites. A 3-day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park is included, and an optional 2-day excursion to Arenal Volcano and hot springs is available.
Students can begin or advance their Spanish language study while taking elective courses in English for a 4, 5 or 8 week session. Intensive Spanish Language, Spanish and Humanities, and Spanish and Environmental Sciences Programs are available, in addition to courses in art, business, communications, photography, history, healthcare, politics, international marketing management, psychology, and more.
- Setting Description:
- The lively capital of Costa Rica offers all of the amenities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes, national parks and the lush central highlands. Immerse yourself in the language and culture and experience the ‘Pura Vida’ way of life.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program