- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the lively capital of San José with AIFS and earn up to 23 credits. Live in a homestay with 2 meals per day. Enjoy cultural activities such as walking tours of the city, Costa Rican cooking classes, and visits to local museums and historical sites. A 3-day trip to Arenal Volcano, hot springs and the Monteverde Cloud Forest, a 3-day trip to Manuel Antonio National Park, and a day trip to the Cartago Coffee Tour and La Marta Wildlife Refuge are included. Optional trips are, a (3-day trip - $575) to Granada, Nicaragua, and a (2-day - $215) hiking and rafting trip to Sarapiquí.
AIFS in San José offers unique academic opportunities: Spanish Language, Liberal Arts and Environmental Sciences Program. And students with a superior level of Spanish can take regular Veritas University courses in architecture, film and television, design, animation and fashion. This program is 12 to 16 weeks long.
Also available is a Certificate Program where students who want to focus in a particular area take one Spanish language course plus four electives from one of 8 fields of study and earn a Certificate of knowledge in that chosen field. Volunteer and Internship opportunities are also available. This program is 16 weeks long.
- Setting Description:
- The lively capital of Costa Rica offers all of the amenities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes, national parks and the lush central highlands.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.6 GPA required with a minimum 2 years of college-level Spanish. Spanish Language and Internship: Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.6 GPA. Minimum 2 years college-level Spanish. Certificate of Knowledge: Open to all students on the 16 week program. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program