- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the lively capital of San Jose with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 23 credits per semester from Veritas University through various courses and internship opportunities. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.
Veritas University offers an internship program and volunteer opportunities that’ll help you make the most of your semester abroad. Their Spanish Language and Internship Program welcomes students with an advanced level of Spanish and a minimum of 2 years of college level Spanish. It combines a 4-week Spanish language course with a 12-week internship placement within local companies or NGOs based on your major. Volunteer opportunities are available throughout San José as well, and placements are made after your arrival.
Live in a Costa Rican homestay and experience Tica hospitality firsthand. Daily breakfast and dinner, weekly laundry service, and internet access are included in all homestays. All homestays are within walking distance of the University.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as walking tours of the city, Costa Rican cooking classes and visits to local museums and historical sites. Explore your surroundings on an array of excursions included in the program fee, such as a 3-day trip to Arenal Volcano, Hot Springs and Monteverde Cloud Forest, a 3-day trip to the beautiful Manuel Antonio National Park, and a Cartago Coffee Tour and La Marta Wildlife Refuge day trip.
Optional excursions include a 4-day trip to Bocas del Toro, Panama and a 2-day hiking and rafting trip to Sarapiquí.
- Setting Description:
- The lively capital of Costa Rica offers all of the amenities of a big city while being within reach of two coasts, volcanoes, national parks, and the lush central highlands.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Spanish Language, Liberal Arts and Environmental Science programs open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a minimum 2.5 GPA; Spanish Language and Internship program open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a 2.6 minimum GPA and minimum 5 courses completed in the subject area of the internship; Certificate of Knowledge program open to all students on the 16-week program with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program