- San Jose, Costa Rica
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Earn 3 credits this January term studying abroad in beautiful San José, Costa Rica! Choose from a history course, Costa Rican Health Care System and Tropical Medicine, or a social science offering, Conflict Resolution and Health Care; both taught in English at Veritas University and particularly suited to students interested in medicine, public health care systems and mediation.
You'll live with a Costa Rican family in a homestay with internet access and 2 meals included daily. Cultural activities such as guided walking tours are included to enrich your study abroad experience. An optional 3-day excursion to Manuel Antonio National Park is also offered.
This is an opportunity to learn about the highly-rated Costa Rican health care system and explore the unique population and natural diversity of this bicoastal nation stretching from the Pacific Ocean to the Caribbean Sea.
- Setting Description:
- Costa Rica boasts a dynamic ecology and rich natural resources, while San José is a lively capital city. Students appreciate the fun and convenience of this city along with its proximity to rich natural beauty including two coasts, volcanoes and national parks of the central highlands. Costa Rica is among the top 20 richest countries in biodiversity in terms of species density. The nation draws people interested in wildlife and the natural world like a magnet. The diversity in Costa Rica's climates, from the Caribbean coast to the high cloud forests, coupled with the relaxed attitude of the "Tico" population, make it a wonderful place to study abroad in Central America.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis).
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program