- Salzburg, Austria
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the charming, peaceful city of Salzburg with AIFS and earn up to 17 credits. Live in homestay, a Student Residence Hall or in a shared apartment (for an additional fee). Enjoy cultural and social activities such as Austrian cooking classes, a Sound of Music tour, and visits to the Austrian Lake District, Salt Mines, Werfen Castle and Hellbrunn Palace. A 3-day trip to Vienna and day trip to Innsbruck are included. Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Prague and a day trip to Munich and a 2-night trip to England.
AIFS in Salzburg offers a 2-week German language orientation course to help students from Beginner to Advanced adjust to life in Austria. In addition to the music courses offered, AIFS can arrange musical instrument instruction for interested students. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Setting Description:
- The birthplace of Mozart, Salzburg is one of the most elegant and interesting cities in Europe. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site for its unique character and architecture, enjoy the charm of city life and the tranquility of its lush meadows, mountains and lakes.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program