- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the picturesque city of Salamanca with AIFS and earn up to 8 credits. Live in a student apartment, or select a homestay or the student residence for a fee. Enjoy cultural activities like guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, museum visits, a tapas tour, and intercambios with Spanish students. Depending on the Session, day trips can include visits to Avila, Mogarraz, La Alberca and Riomalo. An optional trip to Portugal is also available for Sessions 2 and 3.
Students choose from a 3, 4, 6, 8 or 10-week Summer Session. Students can choose from an array of course content such as art, business Spanish, history, literature and more. Spanish is available at all levels from beginner to superior.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca exudes a unique medieval charm that makes it the perfect university town. Established in 1218, the University is Spain’s oldest and world renowned for the teaching of Spanish as a second language. Being a university town, Salamanca offers rich arts, sports and culture scene for students. Most here would agree with a character in a Cervantes novel who exclaimed, “everyone who comes to Salamanca finds themselves spellbound with the need to return to it.”
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program