- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer in the picturesque city of Salamanca with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 11 credits studying at the University of Salamanca. Courses are taught in English and Spanish, for both beginner and intermediate or above levels of Spanish.
Live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, live in a shared or single room apartment. Homestay students are provided 3 meals a day; apartment students receive a meal allowance.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, museum visits, tapas tours, and Flamenco performances. Cultural excursions are also included in your program fee and may include day trips to Avila, Mogarraz, La Alberca and Riomalo, and even Portugal.
An optional 4-day excursion to Morocco is also available for Sessions 2, 3 and Combined session students. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca exudes a unique medieval charm that makes it the perfect university town. Established in 1218, the University is Spain’s oldest and world-renowned for the teaching of Spanish as a second language. Being a university town, Salamanca offers rich arts, sports and culture scene for students. Most here would agree with a character in a Cervantes novel who exclaimed, “everyone who comes to Salamanca finds themselves spellbound with the need to return to it.”
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program