- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the picturesque city of Salamanca with AIFS and earn up to 15 credits. Live in a student apartment, or a homestay or a student residence for a fee. Enjoy cultural activities like, guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, museum visits, a tapas tour, and intercambios with Spanish students. 2-day trip to Madrid and Toledo, and day trips to Segovia, and Ribera del Duero for fall and Ciudad Rodrigo for spring students are included. Optional trips are, 4-day visit to Morocco, 4-day trip to Seville, Granada and Cordoba, and 3-day trip to Portugal.
AIFS in Salamanca offers an optional Early Start Program to students at all levels of Spanish. In addition to intensive Spanish study, students can take Spanish culture or business courses in English, and students at an advanced level can participate in an Integrated Studies Program with Spaniards Program. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca exudes a unique medieval charm that makes it the perfect university town. Established in 1218, the University is Spain’s oldest and world renowned for the teaching of Spanish as a second language. In Salamanca you can walk everywhere and, being a university town, it offers a rich arts, sports and culture scene for students. Most here would agree with a character in a Cervantes novel who exclaimed, “everyone who comes to Salamanca finds themselves spellbound with the need to return to it.”
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program