- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the picturesque city of Salamanca, Spain with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at the University of Salamanca. Courses are taught in English or Spanish with no previous Spanish language study required.
Give back to the community through Salamanca’s volunteer program. Through this program, you’ll add a new perspective to your study abroad experience by helping local children to improve their English and by giving English language workshops.
You’ll live in a Spanish homestay or, for an additional fee, in a shared apartment with other AIFS students. Homestays are just a 15-20-minute walk from campus, and bedrooms are typically shared between two AIFS students. Homestay students will receive 3 meals a day from their host family; apartment students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of meals.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, Spanish cooking classes, visits to museums and cultural sites, a tapas bar tour and intercambios with Spanish students. A 3-day trip to Lisbon, Portugal is included in the program fee, as well as day trips to Segovia and to the Toro and Zamora wine region.
Optional excursions include a 4-day trip to Andalucía, Seville, Granada and Córdoba, and a 4-day trip to Marrakech, Morocco. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca exudes a unique medieval charm that makes it the perfect university town. Established in 1218, the University is Spain’s oldest and is world-renowned for the teaching of Spanish as a second language. In Salamanca you can walk everywhere and, being a university town, it offers a rich art, sports, and cultural scene for students. Most here would agree with a character in a Cervantes novel who exclaimed, “everyone who comes to Salamanca finds themselves spellbound with the need to return to it.”
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program