- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Salamanca with AIFS. Earn up to 15 credits studying at the University of Salamanca. Courses are taught in English or Spanish, with no previous Spanish language study required for most programs.
Choose from the following academic programs:
- Spanish and International Studies
- International Business Studies
- Medical and Health Program (fall only)
- Integrated Studies with Spaniards
- Spanish Language and Culture Program (fall only)
- Optional Early Start Intensive Spanish Language and Culture Preparation Program (3 credits)
Volunteer opportunities are also available.
Live in a homestay with three meals per day or, for an additional fee, select a student apartment with a meal allowance.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Guided city walks
- Museum visits
- 3-day trip to Lisbon, Portugal
- Day trips to Segovia and the Toro and Zamora Wine Region of Spain.
Optional excursions include a 4-day trip to Morocco and a 4-day trip to Barcelona.
- Setting Description:
- Salamanca exudes a unique medieval charm that makes it the perfect university town. Established in 1218, the University is Spain’s oldest and is world-renowned for the teaching of Spanish as a second language. In Salamanca you can walk everywhere and, being a university town, it offers a rich art, sports, and cultural scene for students. Most here would agree with a character in a Cervantes novel who exclaimed, “everyone who comes to Salamanca finds themselves spellbound with the need to return to it.”
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous Spanish language study required for International Business Studies, Spanish Language and Culture and Medical and Health Programs.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program