- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend your January term studying in and exploring Salamanca, Spain with AIFS! Earn 3 credits studying Spanish language courses at University of Salamanca.
Intensive Spanish language is instructed at four levels: Elementary (no previous Spanish study required), Intermediate, Advanced and Superior.
You'll live with a Spanish family in a homestay accommodation with internet access and meals included. Numerous cultural and social activities such as Spanish cooking classes, tapas tours, museum visits, and flamenco classes are also part of the program to provide you with a true taste of Spanish culture.
A 2-day visit to Madrid is also included in your program fee. An optional excursion to London, England is available for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Students abroad join an energetic, multicultural student community in Salamanca. This is a beautiful and vibrant Spanish city. Visitors admire the golden medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and soaring cathedrals. Salamanca is known for elegant architecture, traditional Spanish culture and a thriving international student population. The Plaza Mayor occupies the heart of the city and is considered to be one of the most beautiful squares in Europe.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants.. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA. No previous Spanish language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our students receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp