- Salamanca, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend your January term in Spain. Earn 3 credits studying Spanish language and culture at University of Salamanca. Intensive Spanish language is instructed at four levels including: Elementary (no previous Spanish study required), Intermediate, Advanced and Superior. You'll live with a Spanish family in a homestay accommodation with internet access and meals included. Numerous cultural and social activities are also part of the program to provide you with a true taste of Spanish culture and rewarding study abroad experience.
Spend 2.5 weeks studying at the world-renowned University of Salamanca, the third oldest university in Europe. Earn 3 credits studying Spanish language at one of 4 levels. Explore modern Salamanca and historic Spain living in a Spanish homestay. Enjoy a guided tour of Salamanca, a tapas tour, Spanish cooking class, a visit to a bullfighting museum, museums, art galleries and more. A 2-day excursion to Madrid is also included in the program, and students selecting an AIFS Flight Package enjoy a 2-night tour of London, England.
- Setting Description:
- Students abroad join an energetic, multicultural student community in Salamanca. This is a beautiful and vibrant Spanish city. Visitors admire the golden medieval buildings, Renaissance palaces and soaring cathedrals. Salamanca is known for elegant architecture, traditional Spanish culture and a thriving international student population. The Plaza Mayor occupies the heart of the city and is considered to be one of the most beautiful squares in Europe.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.0 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). No previous Spanish language study required. Application deadline: October 1
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program