- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Arts & Architecture, Business, Education, Hospitality
- Program Description:
Spend your summer interning abroad in the Eternal City of Rome! You'll earn 6 credits through the International Internship Program at Richmond, The American International University in Rome. Courses are taught in English and Italian.
This Internship Program provides an integrated learning experience of a high academic standard, combining classroom study with an internship placement. It focuses on the fields of arts and tourism to prepare students with the skills and expertise for management, marketing, and operations in the field of arts and culture. An Internship Coordinator will advise and support you throughout the program in individual meetings and seminars.
You will live in either a shared room in an apartment or with an Italian family. A typical apartment is fully equipped with internet, kitchen supplies, furnishings, blankets, sheets and a washing machine. Students will also receive a fantastic meal plan with vouchers to subsidize breakfast, lunch or dinner Monday through Friday. These vouchers can be used all over Italy.
Cultural and social activities include guided city walks, visits to many of Rome’s famous museums and cultural sites, wine, pizza and gelato tastings, and opera, ballet and musical performances. You will also enjoy a 2-day excursion to Florence.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Venice; a 3-day trip to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples and Capri is available during Session 2. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Living in central Rome puts over 2,000 years of history at your doorstep. Be a part of the community, not just a tourist, living in your own Roman apartment. Thanks to Rome's great transport connections, you can easily travel wherever you wish in Italy and beyond.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to students with a minimum 45 credits completed by the start of the program. Minimum 2.75 GPA. No previous Italian language study required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program