- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the vibrant and historic city of Rome with AIFS and earn up to 10 credits. Live in a homestay or a shared student apartment, meal plan offered. Enjoy cultural activities like guided city walks, visits to museums and cultural sites, Italian cooking classes, sporting events, ballet and opera performances, 2-day visit to Florence, and day trips around Rome, hiking and visits to historic and cultural sites. Optional trips include a 3-day trip to Venice, and a 3-day trip to Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples and Capri.
Students choose from Session I (3 weeks), Session II (4 weeks) or combine the two for a 7-week program. Students can begin or advance their Italian language study, take courses in art, art history, communications, history or religion taught in English.
- Setting Description:
- With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world. As a contemporary European capital it is utterly unique; it is a city of dualities: north and south, old and new, classic and modern. Live immersed in an almost uninterrupted sequence of history – from early Christian Basilicas to Renaissance Palaces, Baroque Churches and Neo-classical monuments. With so much to offer, Rome has something for everybody.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates, college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. 2.0 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program