- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the vibrant and historic city of Rome with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 9 credits through a variety of courses at Richmond, the American International University. Courses are taught in English or Italian.
You will live in either a shared room in an apartment or with an Italian family. A typical apartment is fully equipped with internet, kitchen supplies, furnishings, blankets, sheets and a washing machine. Students will also receive a fantastic meal plan with vouchers to subsidize breakfast, lunch or dinner Monday through Friday. These vouchers can be used all over Italy.
Cultural and social activities include guided city walks, visits to many of Rome’s famous museums and cultural sites, wine, pizza and gelato tastings, and opera, ballet and musical performances. You will also enjoy a 2-day excursion to Florence.
Optional excursions include a 3-day trip to Venice; a 3-day trip to Sorrento, Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples and Capri is available during Session 2. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world. As a contemporary European capital it is utterly unique; it is a city of dualities: north and south, old and new, classic and modern. Live immersed in an almost uninterrupted sequence of history – from early Christian Basilicas to Renaissance Palaces, Baroque Churches and Neo-classical monuments. With so much to offer, Rome has something for everybody.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshman, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. 2.0 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program