- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the vibrant and historic city of Rome with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 10 credits through a variety of courses at Richmond, the American International University. Courses are taught in English or Italian.
You will live in either a shared room in an apartment or with an Italian family. A typical apartment is fully equipped with internet, kitchen supplies, furnishings and a washing machine. Students will also receive a meal plan with vouchers to subsidize meals. These vouchers can be used all over Italy.
Cultural and social activities include:
- Guided city walks
- Visits to many of Rome’s famous museums and cultural sites
- Wine, pizza and gelato tastings
- Opera, ballet and musical performances
- 2-day excursion to Florence.
Optional excursions include a:
- 3-day trip to Venice
- 3-day trip to Sorrento, Pompeii, Vesuvius, Naples and Capri (Session 2 only).
- A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- With its sunny climate and unparalleled wealth of ancient history, Rome has more to offer than any other city in the world. As a contemporary European capital it is utterly unique; it is a city of dualities: north and south, old and new, classic and modern. Live immersed in an almost uninterrupted sequence of history – from early Christian Basilicas to Renaissance Palaces, Baroque Churches and Neo-classical monuments. With so much to offer, Rome has something for everybody.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. 2.0 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis. Must be 18 years or older to apply. No previous Italian language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.