- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend your January term in Italy and earn 3 credits. Choose one of four course offerings: Art and Culture in Rome: 800 BC - 2000 AD; Elementary Italian 1 (A1 CEFR); Comparative World Religions; or Culture and Style in Italy. The city of Rome plays an important role in the program with cultural and social activities included. You'll stay in either a centrally located apartment or Italian home with internet access and meal vouchers included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages are available for your convenience.
Spend 3 weeks in the Eternal City this January term. Earn 3 credits studying in Rome with an introductory Italian language course or a course in art history, sociology or religion, all taught in English. Explore modern Rome and Italy's artistic heritage with visits to museums, walking tours, wine tastings, Italian cooking classes and more. A day trip to Assisi and Trevi is included, and an optional 3-day excursion to Florence is available.
- Setting Description:
- With a mild climate and millennia of history, Rome has so much to offer students abroad. As a contemporary European capital, it is utterly unique. Located between Italy’s North and South, once the seat of a great empire and later home of the papacy, Rome is still a special place – somewhat apart from the rest of Italy. Rome’s atmosphere is like no other city; it's a monumental, busy capital and yet an appealingly relaxed place, with a center that still preserves traditions and old world charms.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). No previous Italian language study required. All courses taught in English with exception of Elementary Italian I.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program