- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or year in the picturesque city of Prague with AIFS and earn up to 18 credits. Live in a student residence hall. Enjoy cultural activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums, cultural sites, opera, theater and ballet, sporting events and language events to practice the language. A 2-day trip to Moravia is included. Optional trips include a 3-day trip to Krakow and Auschwitz-Birkenau, a 2-day visit to Czech Spa Town and Hiking (Spring semester only), a 3-day visit to Budapest, a 3-day visit to Southern Bohemia and Salzburg, and a trip to Vienna for fall and trip to Budapest for spring semesters.
AIFS in Prague offers non-credit internship opportunities for students interested in enhancing their résumé while abroad. A 2-week intensive Czech language and culture course is also included at the start of the program to help students acclimate to life in Prague. Volunteer opportunities are also available.
AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
- Setting Description:
- Prague is a picturesque yet modern city. It’s collection of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture makes it one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Explore the castles and cathedrals, discover landmarks of music and literature, and learn about the fascinating history of Prague and central Europe.
- See website for details.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA. No previous Czech language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program