- Prague, Czech Republic
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the picturesque city of Prague, Czech Republic with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 18 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at Charles University. Courses are taught in English.
Get involved in Prague’s community through internship or volunteer programs! Students abroad in Prague can partake in a 3-credit International Internship Program. Internships are arranged based on your skills, interests and abilities in a variety of fields including: production, marketing, IT and administrative assistant placements with the Prague Shakespeare Company to teaching English in a local elementary school. AIFS can also arrange volunteer and non-credit internship placements across a variety of fields and organizations in Prague.
In Prague, you’ll live in a student residence hall in a double room with another AIFS student. Single rooms are available on a limited basis for an additional fee. Meal allowances are included for students to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to museums and cultural sites, opera, theater and ballet performances, sporting events, language events to meet and practice speaking with Czech students, and more. A 2-day trip to Moravia, the beautiful eastern region of the Czech Republic, is also included in your program.
A 2-day trip to Moravia, the beautiful eastern part of the Czech Republic, is included in the program. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
Optional excursions include trips to: Czech Spa Town; Krakow and Auschwitz-Birkenau in Poland; Southern Bohemia, Czech Republic and Salzburg, Austria; Budapest, Hungary; and a 3-day trip to Vienna, Austria for fall semester students. A 2-night tour of London, England is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Prague is a picturesque, modern European city. Its collection of Gothic, Baroque and Renaissance architecture makes it one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Explore the castles and cathedrals, discover landmarks of music and literature, and learn about the fascinating history of Prague and central Europe.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 3.0 GPA required, (2.7 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis). Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program