- Perth, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the vibrant and energetic city of Perth, Australia with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 16 credits per semester through a variety of courses studying at Murdoch University. Courses are taught in English.
Exercise Science majors: gain practical field experience during your fall or spring semester through Murdoch University’s Exercise Science Internship! Through practical field work experience, you will recognize the skills that are necessary to develop and implement exercise programs in healthy individuals. If you’re seeking volunteer experience instead, Murdoch University designed various volunteering and community engagement opportunities for study abroad students to partake in.
In Perth, you’ll live in a double room in a Murdoch University Village apartment with other students. The Village has a range of facilities including a swimming pool, student lounge, TV room, volleyball court and barbecue zone. A meal allowance to subsidize the cost of groceries is included in your program fee.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as surf lessons, swimming with whale sharks and manta rays, movie nights, a tour of Fremantle Prison, a trip to Rottnest Island and a Perth waterfall tour. Day trips to Fremantle, Cottesloe Beach and Caversham Wildlife Park are all included in your program fee.
Optional excursions include a once-in-a-lifetime, 9-day trip through the outback of North West Australia and an exciting, 3-day camping trip through Australia’s South West. Spring students also have the exciting option to start their semester with a 1-credit course at the University of the South Pacific in Fiji.
- Setting Description:
- Perth, the capital of Western Australia, is a vibrant and energetic city with an enviable climate boasting an average of 8 hours of sunshine per day all year round.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors with a minimum 2.5 GPA. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program