- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks this January term in Paris, France. Earn 3 credits studying Paris: World Capital of Arts and Architecture, an art history course at the distinguished Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises, or choose Fashion in France 18th-21st Century, a fine arts offering at the prestigious Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne. Both courses are taught in English. While in Paris, you'll live in a homestay with a Parisian host, with internet included. For a supplemental fee, students may select a shared room in a student residence. Cultural excursions and activities include a welcome dinner, guided bus tour of Paris, a visit to the Opéra Garnier and more. This is a fantastic opportunity to study fashion and architecture immersed in the beauty, style and heritage of the City of Light.
Spend 3 weeks in the beautiful city of Paris. Earn 3 credits studying architecture and art history at the renowned Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne or explore fashion and fine art studying at the venerable Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises. No previous French study is required. As a world capital of fashion and style with a wealth of historical buildings and sites, Paris is a fantastic location to study abroad. Social and cultural activities help immerse you in French culture with plenty of opportunity to explore the wonderful museums, landmarks, shops and art galleries. Getting to know the food, architecture, fashion and spirit of the Parisian people will do so much to enrich your classroom experience. A visit to the Château of Versailles and a Bateaux-Mouches boat ride along the River Seine are exhilarating excursions, and the optional excursion to the Champagne region of France is highly recommended.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is a gorgeous city full of historic buildings, museums, art galleries, bustling shops and a dizzying array of photo opportunities. Paris is situated along the Seine River in the central region of northern France. The city's food, art scene, heritage, culture and the distinctive Parisian lifestyle have earned a reputation for unrivaled panache. The capital of France is home to countless historical monuments and museums. Paris has a rich past full of writers, artists and political figures. Over the centuries, Paris has drawn intellectuals, free-thinkers, artists and revolutionaries from Benjamin Franklin, Rousseau and Voltaire, to Gertrude Stein, Sartre and James Joyce. Paris is a modern, fast-paced yet romantic city, bursting with excitement and inspiration from around the world.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). Application deadline: October 1
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program