Spend a semester or academic year in France studying at ILCF! Study abroad in Paris—with AIFS.
- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Paris, France with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 17 credits per semester studying at the Institut de Langue et de Culture Françaises (ILCF), a department of the Catholic University of Paris. Courses are taught in English and French with no previous French language study required.
AIFS can help you arrange local volunteer opportunities with charities and organizations such as Les Restos du Coeur, which distributes food to the homeless.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities including:
- Guided city walks
- Visits to the many museums and cultural sites of Paris
- Opera and ballet performances
- A half-day trip to the famous Château de Versailles.
An optional, 2-day trip to Normandy and Brittany is also available. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is one of the world’s great capitals of culture. It is known throughout the world for its museums and historical monuments, incredible restaurants, fashion, and more. While studying abroad here, you'll love exploring all that the city has to offer - from the greatest names in fashion to vintage stores and take-away crêpes stalls.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. No previous French language study required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.