- Maynooth, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend the summer in the charming city of Maynooth with AIFS and earn up to 6 credits. Live in an on-campus apartment in a single room. Enjoy cultural activities such as walking tours, traditional Irish music and dance performances, and sporting events, as well as easy access (a 40-minute train ride) to Dublin and all it has to offer. A day trip to Killarney is included in the program, as well as a day trip to Glendalough. There are 2 additional day trips to Dublin and an Irish Farm Experience, both included in the program. Students on the optional AIFS flight package will get a 2-night excursion to London.
Students choose two courses from a wide range of subjects including anthropology, creative writing, economics, history, management and more.
- Setting Description:
- Maynooth is the perfect place to experience the charm of the Irish countryside, while being on the doorstep of Dublin. The National University of Ireland, Maynooth (NUIM) is located in the beautiful, historic town of Maynooth, just 15 miles west of Dublin city center. Steeped in history, Ireland is a magical place to live and study. With its spectacular landscape and rich cultural heritage, Ireland is the perfect location for summer study abroad.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors (high school graduates and freshmen considered on a case-by-case basis). Minimum 2.5 GPA.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program