- Maynooth, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Maynooth, Ireland with AIFS! Earn up to 18 credits per semester studying abroad at Maynooth University. Courses are taught in English.
If you’re studying abroad in the spring, extend your studies into the summer with Maynooth University’s Internship and Service Learning Program. This is a non-credit bearing, 4-week program. Service learning placements are available in animal welfare, community outreach, elderly support and youth services. Internships are available in accounting, hospitality, IT, marketing and personnel and management.
You'll live on campus in a student apartment with 4 or 5 en-suite, single bedrooms. Included in your program fee is a pre-paid card that will subsidize the cost of meals in University cafeterias.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as walking tours, museum and gallery visits, Irish music nights, theater performances, Irish sporting events and more. Excursions include a 3-day trip to Dublin, a day trip to a working Irish farm and an overnight visit to Belfast, Northern Ireland.
A 3-day trip to Galway is available as an optional excursion. A 2-night tour of London, England en route to Maynooth is also available for students on the optional AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Spend a semester at Maynooth University located in the beautiful, historic college town of Maynooth, just 15 miles west of Dublin city center. The University’s location gives it a unique character among the Irish universities, and has contributed to the development of a strong sense of community both on the campus and with the surrounding area.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 3.0 GPA required. 2.75 GPA and above will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program