- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Madrid, Spain with AIFS! Earn up to 15 credits per semester studying abroad at Universidad Nebrija. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.
Internships and volunteer opportunities are available for you to make the most of your semester in Madrid. Universidad Nebrija offers an Internship and Spanish Language Program for students with a high intermediate and above level of Spanish and combines Spanish language study with an internship. Internships are offered in a wide range of industries for many different majors. Students with an intermediate level of Spanish may be considered for an internship placement in the science or hospitality field. Volunteer opportunities are available through a local NGO.
In Madrid, you'll live in a homestay with a local family or in a shared room in a centrally located apartment. Homestay students will receive two meals per day from their host family, while apartment students will receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of groceries and meals.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city tours, visits to galleries and museums, a tapas tour, a tour of the Bernabéu football stadium, local fiestas and more. Day trips to El Escorial, Segovia, and Toledo as well as a 3-day trip to Granada, Andalucía are included in your program fee.
An optional 3-day trip to Tangier and Tetouan, Morrocco, is also available. The optional AIFS Flight Package includes a 2-night tour of London, England en route to Madrid.
- Setting Description:
- Spain enjoys a complex cultural heritage, with diverse regional identities. Immerse yourself in Spanish culture in this cosmopolitan capital city where royal palaces, medieval mansions, and timeless plazas stand beside modern architectural gems.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Hispanic Studies and Spanish Plus: Open to college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Integrated Studies with Spaniards and Internship: Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program