- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Break
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in Madrid with AIFS! Earn up to 18 credits per semester studying abroad at Universidad Nebrija. Courses are taught in English and Spanish.
Universidad Nebrija offers an Internship and Spanish Language Program for students with a high intermediate and above level of Spanish and combines Spanish language study with an internship. Volunteer opportunities are available through a local NGO.
You’ll live in a homestay with a local family or in a shared room in an apartment. Homestay students will receive two meals per day from their host family, while apartment students will receive a meal allowance.
Enjoy cultural and social activities such as:
- Guided city tours
- Visits to galleries and museums
- Day trips to El Escorial, Segovia and Toledo
- 3-day trip to Granada.
Optional excursions include a 4-day trip to Morocco and a 2-day trip to Salamanca.
- Setting Description:
- Madrid's non-stop 'marcha' (rhythm) course through its streets and beguiles with its welcoming and open character. As the capital of Spain, it is a cosmopolitan city of four million. It is a city of contrasts where royal palaces, medieval mansions and timeless plazas stand beside modern architectural gems and where you can enjoy traditional Spanish dishes that have endured for generations or be tempted into the new cuisine of Spain's current food revolution.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Hispanic Studies and Spanish Plus: Open to college freshman, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Integrated Studies with Spaniards and Internship: Open to college sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.75 GPA required.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Based on 1 Reviews
- Fall Semester in Madrid Spain10/21/19
Madrid is a busy and bustling global city. Integration in Madrid was fun and taught me that I can live in a global city on my own. Madrid is extremely clean and safe. The metro is well organized and secured. I feel like one of the biggest strengths
about my program was that we were in the heart of a major European city, which meant that you could opt-in and out of whatever AIFS excursions or activities that you wanted, and still had the option to go out and explore on your own as well. There is ALWAYS something to do in Madrid. Similarly, I liked how my program was immersed into a Spanish University that had not only other students in study abroad programs similar to AIFS, but also other international students who chose Madrid as their study location. I chose to live in an apartment over a homestay and I wouldn’t change my decision because I got to live with not only other AIFS students but also a girl from Norway and a girl from Italy which was great.read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend