Spend your summer in England! Study abroad in London—with AIFS.
- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Spend your summer in the thriving city of London, England with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 4 credits through St. George’s, University of London, a specialist university exclusively dedicated to medical, health care and science education, training and research.
You will live in single rooms at one of St. George’s residence halls, located within a 20-minute walk from the hospital campus in Tooting. Students are provided with a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of purchasing meals and groceries.
Cultural and social activities will include:
- Guided walking tours
- Rugby and cricket matches
- Ballet and theater performances
- River boat cruise along the Thames
- Day trips to Stonehenge and Salisbury, Oxford, Bath, Stratford-upon-Avon, and Brighton
- Day trip to the Royal Derby horse racing
- Setting Description:
- London is one of the world's most thriving and cosmopolitan cities. Home to a multitude of museums and galleries, concert halls, theaters, historic buildings and a host of beautiful urban parks, London has something for everyone. St. George's south-west London location in Tooting is a multicultural neighborhood recently named as one of the top ten coolest neighborhoods in the world to visit by the Lonely Planet guide.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors who have taken at least one degree-level biology module. Minimum 3.0 GPA (2.7 GPA and above considered on a case by case basis). Must be 18 or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.