- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
Spend 3 weeks in London, England this January term. Earn 3 credits studying at Richmond, The American International University in London. Select a history class, Historical London, or the literature class, British Fantasy Writing: Magic Memory. Live in a student residence in the heart of London with a transportation pass for unlimited travel on buses and the underground system (tube) in central London. Explore the many neighborhoods, shops, landmarks museums and galleries that make up the city of London to enrich your classroom studies. Numerous cultural and social activities include a ride on the London Eye and a performance at a West End theater. You can study British fantasy writing on a Harry Potter tour or bring history alive with visits to the British Museum, the Tower of London and Westminster Abbey.
Spend 3 weeks studying abroad in the beautiful city of London, England. Earn 3 credits studying history or literature surrounded by the bustling streets and modern life of historic London. England's capital city is a phenomenal location to study abroad. Student residence halls are close to campus and the famous Kensington Gardens. Students are surrounded by museums, palaces, parks and landmarks. Program excursions and activities include a guided city tour of London and a day trip to Oxford to see the university, explore the city and have the opportunity to take out a traditional punt on the river. An optional 3 day excursion to Paris, France is a fantastic way to diversify your study abroad experience and take a trip through the Channel Tunnel.
- Setting Description:
- London is a thriving and cosmopolitan city. It is an ideal place for students of British history and literature to study. England has an enduring record as one of the world’s most influential centers of cultural development. London sits along the Thames River as a world center for finance, sports, style and international affairs. England's capital city hosts a remarkable array of historic and contemporary treasures for academic and personal enrichment with a trove of magnificent museums, historic churches and towers, a lively theater scene, bustling markets, beautiful parks and cozy pubs.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). Application deadline: October 1
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Based on 1 Reviews
- British Literature Course: J-term01/23/17
The Program Director and Admissions Officer: Rebecca and Corinne are amazing people. This was my first time leaving the country. They were excellent with communicating to me the information that I needed in order to go. I felt confident and comfortable
to go overseas before and after. I did my own travel, they helped me find my way to get to Gatwick Airport. I recommend using AIFS to have a calm and fun experience.read moreBottom Line:No, I would not recommend this to a friend