- Havana, Cuba
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Earn 3 credits when you study with AIFS in Havana, Cuba. Live in a tourist-class hotel with daily breakfast plus one additional meal per day. Enjoy cultural activities such as a walking tour of historic Old Havana, visits to the Museum of the Revolution, a workshop on Afro-Cuban dance and more. A day-trip to Las Terrazas, an eco-village and UNESCO Biosphere Reserve in Artemisa, is also included with time to hike, swim and explore.
- Setting Description:
- With a landscape of great tropical beauty, Cuba as a nation has amazing spirit and pride. A unique mix of Afro-Caribbean and Spanish colonial culture can be experienced in the people, art and architecture. Life in Cuba is also a unique challenge for American students. Evidence of the more than 50 years of the U.S. Embargo can be seen, but the Cuban people continue to have great hope for the future at this very important juncture in their history.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college students. Minimum 2.5 GPA. Lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis. No Previous Spanish language study required. All courses taught in Spanish (at the appropriate level).
- Scholarships Description:
- Please see website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program