Spend winter break in Havana, Cuba! Study abroad with AIFS.
- Havana, Cuba
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- Spend 3 weeks exploring the beautiful Island of Cuba this January. Earn 3 credits studying intensive Spanish language and culture and explore the marvels of the Cuban landscape, culture, people, art and architecture. Learn about the history of this island nation with a tour of the Museum of the Revolution, El Morro and La Cabaña Fortress. A 3 day excursion to Playa Girón, Bay of Pigs and Trinidad is included in the program fee along with numerous other cultural and social activities. You'll enjoy opportunities to speak with locals and be fascinated on walking tours of Old Havana, a trip to las Terrazas and the hike to Topes de Collantes river and falls. AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Convenient AIFS Flight Packages are also available. Since 1964, more than 1.5 million students have traveled abroad with AIFS.
- Setting Description:
- The capital city of Havana is a great base from which to explore the island of Cuba. Cuba is a tropical nation of immense natural beauty. Historic sites from colonial, republican and revolutionary times give visitors an appreciation for the dynamic factors that have shaped the culture and progress of the country. The spirit and pride of the Cuban nation is remarkable. Across the island a unique blend of Afro-Caribbean and Spanish colonial culture is evident as are the effects of the U.S. Embargo. This is a great location to study abroad for students interested in Caribbean studies, Spanish language and Cuban culture.
- AIFS is recognized as a premier provider of study abroad programs. Comprehensive program fees cover tuition and housing with $800,000 in scholarship and grant funding available each year. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS flight packages are available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to high school graduates and college freshmen, sophomores, juniors and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA (lower GPAs considered on a case-by-case basis). No previous Spanish language study required. All courses taught in Spanish at the appropriate level.
- Scholarships Description:
- $800,000 in funding is available each year. For full details, please visit: https://www.aifsabroad.com/scholarships.asp
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program