- Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-3 months, 4-6 months, 7-11 months, 1 year
- Program Description:
Spend a semester or academic year in the idyllic city of Grenoble, France with AIFS! You’ll earn up to 15 credits per semester through the Intensive French Language program at the Université Grenoble Alpes. Courses are taught in English and French.
While studying in Grenoble, immerse yourself in local culture through volunteer work. The American Corner, an organization that makes information about the U.S. available to people in foreign countries, offers volunteer opportunities for AIFS students. If you’re planning a career in education, we can also provide you with information about the Teaching Assistant Program in France (TAPIF)
Live in a French homestay or, for an additional fee, live in a student residence. Breakfast and dinner are included every day in the homestay; residence students receive a meal allowance to subsidize the cost of meals and groceries.
You’ll enjoy cultural and social activities such as guided city walks, visits to local museums, French cooking classes, a ride on the famous cable cars over the city, hiking trips, language exchange with French students and day trips to Lyon and Annecy. And of course, some of the best skiing in the world is just 45 minutes from the center of town. A 3-day trip to Provence and a 4-day visit to Paris are included in the program fee.
Optional excursions include a 2-day trip to Burgundy for fall semester students and a 2-day Alpine Weekend for spring semester students. A 2-night tour of London, England, is included for students on the AIFS Flight Package.
- Setting Description:
- Situated in southeastern France, Grenoble lies at the crossroads of the valleys and mountains of the Dauphiné region, one of the most beautiful areas of the country. As the “capital of the Alps,” the city is a haven for those who love the outdoors, with nearby hiking trails, lakes, and the famous Alpine ski slopes. A modern city with some of the best universities in France and Europe, Grenoble maintains its small-town charm.
- AIFS is a premier provider of study abroad programs. Program fees cover tuition and housing, and over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. A meal plan, tours and excursions, insurance, and 24-hour emergency service are also included. Coordinated AIFS Flight Packages with major airlines are also available.
Additional Program Information
- Open to college freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors. Minimum 2.5 GPA required. Must be 18 years or older to apply.
- Scholarships Description:
- Over 50% of our study abroad participants receive financial support from AIFS in the form of scholarships or grants. Please see our website for deadlines and eligibility requirements.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program